Printed on Sun Aug 07 2022 6:55:26 PM

At least 61 dead in Congo Train Accident

International desk
World
Congo
A train crash in the southeastern Democratic Republic of Congo has killed at least 61 people, the state rail company and local sources said.

"Men, women, and children (and) 52 injured who have been evacuated," Marc Manyonga Ndambo, director of the infrastructure at the SNCC train operator, told.

Local media quoted the provincial governor Fifi Masuka as saying 61 people had been killed.

The train was a freight service which had been carrying "several hundred stowaways," said Manyonga said even though this was prohibited.

"Some of the bodies were still trapped in the wagons that had fallen into the ravines," he added.

Manyonga said the train was made up of 15 wagons, 12 of which were empty, and was coming from Luen in a neighboring province destined for the mining town of Tenke, close to Kolwezi.
Contact:
Voice TV 80/3, VIP Road, Khan Tower, Kakrail
Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh
Phone: +88 02 9338530
https://voicetv.tv/congo-2
© Copyright Voice TV 2022 — Voice TV
A concern of Shapla Media
Latest News