Printed on Thu Oct 06 2022 1:57:16 AM

Djokovic disappointed with court ruling

Sports Desk
Sports
Djokovic
Novak Djokovic said he was disappointed that a court on Sunday dismissed his challenge to a deportation order and accepted his hopes of playing at the Australian Open were dashed.

The top-ranked tennis star published a statement shortly after three Federal Court judges unanimously upheld a decision made on Friday by Immigration Minister Alex Hawke to cancel the 34-year-old Serb’s visa on public interest grounds because he is not vaccinated for Covid-19.

“I am extremely disappointed with the Court ruling to dismiss my application for judicial review of the Minister’s decision to cancel my visa, which means I cannot stay in Australia and participate in the Australian Open,” Djokovic said.

“I respect the Court’s ruling and I will cooperate with the relevant authorities in relation to my departure from the country,” he added.

Djokovic said he was “uncomfortable” that the focus had been on him since his visa was first cancelled on arrival at Melbourne's airport on Jan. 6.

“I hope that we can all now focus on the game and tournament I love,” he said.
Contact:
Voice TV 80/3, VIP Road, Khan Tower, Kakrail
Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh
Phone: +88 02 9338530
https://voicetv.tv/djokovic
© Copyright Voice TV 2022 — Voice TV
A concern of Shapla Media
Latest News