Printed on Fri Aug 12 2022 5:17:47 AM

Fire due to gas leakage in Chattogram, burnt 6

Staff Correspondent
National
Fire
Six members of the same family have been burnt in a fire at a house in the Kattli area under Akbar Shah Police Station in Chattogram. The incident took place around 12:30 am on Tuesday when a gas line leak in the house named 'Maryam Villa'.

The victims were identified as Shahjahan Sheikh (25), Sajeda Begum (49), Dilruba Begum (18), Mahiya Akhtar (9), Jiban Sheikh (14) and Swadhin Sheikh (18).

According to the fire service control room in Agrabad city, a vehicle was sent from the spot after receiving the news of a fire in a building in the Kattli area at night. But the fire was extinguished locally before the fire service reached the spot.

Akbar shah Police Officer-in-Charge (OC) Zahir Hossain said police rushed to the spot after receiving information about a flat in a six-storey building in the Uttar Kattli area last night. Six people were burnt in the fire. Six people were rescued and sent to Chattogram Medical College Hospital. They have a maximum of 60 per cent and a minimum of 40 per cent burn.

The OC said a room in the flat was closed. When they go there at night to kill mosquitoes with an electric bat, then the fire expands from the accumulated gas. Six members of the same family were burnt.

Voice TV/IA
Contact:
Voice TV 80/3, VIP Road, Khan Tower, Kakrail
Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh
Phone: +88 02 9338530
https://voicetv.tv/fire-2
© Copyright Voice TV 2022 — Voice TV
A concern of Shapla Media
Latest News