Printed on Sun Aug 07 2022 7:15:40 PM

Bangladeshi woman dies in Kolkata guest house fire

International desk
World
Kolkata guest house fire
A Bangladeshi woman has died in a fire at a guest house in Kolkata. Her name is Samimatul Ars (60). Another Bangladeshi fell ill due to smoke and was admitted to SSKM Hospital.

The incident took place on Saturday morning at 5 Mirza Ghalib Street. At least 10-12 houses were burnt in the fire.

According to the local fire service, 3 units brought the fire under control after the fire broke out. Initially, it is thought that the fire started from a short circuit.

An employee of the guest house said that the fire started from the reception. Later it spread to other houses. There were several Bangladeshi nationals in those houses.16 people were rescued.

He added that a Bangladeshi woman named Samimatul Ars had died in the incident. Another Bangladeshi named Moinul Haque (35) is in critical condition and has been admitted to SSKM Hospital.
Latest News