Printed on Thu Sep 29 2022 9:33:55 PM

Picnic bus caught fire in Natore

Staff Correspondent
National
Picnic bus fire in Natore
A picnic bus caught fire in Baraigram Upazila of Natore. The incident took place in front of Nur Ali Petrol Pump on Bonpara-Hatikumrul Highway in Srirampur village of the Upazila around 8:30 pm on Monday.

However, no casualties were reported in the incident. The fire service said the accident was caused by a cigarette fire.

According to Gurudaspur Fire Service sources, 49 students of Raju Cadet Academy of Kaliakair Upazila of Gazipur took a bus for a picnic at Green Valley Park of Lalpur Upazila of Natore yesterday afternoon. On the way back from there, the bus reached in front of Nur Ali Petrol Pump and suddenly caught fire inside the bus.

When the driver stopped the bus immediately, the students rushed out. After a while, the seat and other things inside the bus caught fire. Upon receiving the news, the personnel of Gurudaspur Fire Service came and tried for about an hour to bring the fire under control.

Shahidul Islam, station officer of Gurudaspur Fire Service, said that initially it was known that the fire started inside the bus due to a cigarette fire.

A few students were smoking in the back seat of the bus. There was a soundbox battery under that seat. A cigarette fire accidentally falls on the battery, it catches fire there. Later, the fire service personnel tried for an hour and brought the fire under control. It is learned that there were 49 students on the bus.

When contacted, no one from Raju Cadet Academy agreed to speak.
Latest News